Wednesday, June 8, 2016

April Part 1

April started with one of my favorite school events--the Fox Trot.  The kids are so cute and the event is so fun.  Cora and I went and ended up staying the whole morning, cheering for the kids and handing out popsicles after the classes finished running.  The first and second graders were awesome dancers--the were whipping and nae-naeing with the best of them!  Sylvie ran 7 laps in 15 minutes, about a mile and a half.  

 Cheering on Sylvie and her friends.
 Jens did NOT whip or nae nae.  But he did run 9 laps--almost 2 miles!  Cora loved hanging out with Jens, eating a popsicle and playing on the playground with him.  She did NOT want to go home.



 Cora was drawing spiders.
 Hair Style train during conference.  They probably weren't listening much, but they were being quiet and nice.  I think it eventually degraded to fighting. I actually made cinnamon rolls for conference.  I always get jealous when I see other people's.



 In between sessions we went to the park with the Littles (to eat those cinnamon rolls) and play with Mike's new rocket launcher.  It is pretty fun!



 Flowers are looking pretty!
Snuggles!
 Maybe I need to adopt this as my new motto.  It certainly seems to be true at our house lately...
 Take my pishure, Mom!
 Cheese!
 Sylvie made a list, apparently of how we annoy her.  I like that she is "normal always!"
 I have been doing a huge, ridiculous project with Jens's class.  It is a clay project that involves pouring, dumping, unmolding, putting together, cutting, smoothing, sanding . . . I think I spent 20 hours at the school doing these, but it was really fun and the vases turned out really great.  I am so appreciative that there were other moms who were willing to come and help out!

No comments: